Almost everyone gets red eyes every now and then, but it’s usually temporary, and nothing to worry about.
Here are some common causes of eye irritation:
Wearing lenses longer than recommended
Sensitivity to materials/solutions.
Your eyes naturally have a layer of moisture, but sometimes your lifestyle can throw this balance off. Here are a few situations where you can stay on top of things:
1. Wash your hands and put on your contact lenses before applying makeup.
2. You may want to try water-resistant mascara and eyeliner to prevent flaking or smudging.
3. Hypoallergenic, oil-free makeup removers are the best choice when wearing contact lenses.
4. When you go to the salon, leave your lenses at home. Hairspray, getting your hair colored or perms can damage your contact lenses.
5. Don't wear makeup (or put on your lenses) if your eyes are swollen, red or infected.
1. Take a break! Staring at your screen for too long can affect your eyes’ balance. Try readjusting about every 20 minutes.
2. Adjust your seat. Hovering over your screen or sitting too close can strain your eyes.
3. Don’t work in the dark. The difference in brightness between your screen and the area behind it can cause eye stress and discomfort.
4. Remember to blink. It sounds obvious, but when you’re on a computer, you blink five times less.
5. Germs can live on your laptop, so don’t handle your contact lenses before washing your hands.
(Not all contact lenses are made to be the same. Some lenses that suit your friend or colleague, may not be suitable for you for whatever reason such as materials used. It is important to try out different lenses from different makes. This way you can compare the level of comfort provided by certain brand of lenses.) Lastly There isn't a one-size-fits-all lens, Just as one shoe size doesn't fit all feet, one contact lens size doesn't fit all eyes. So do try out different lenses to find out what’s best for you.
Barbie Eyesland offer monthly lenses, daily lenses and also hydrogel silicone lenses. The Pro Series hydrogel silicone lenses put a high level of emphasis on comfort. The higher oxygen transmissibility of these lenses provide great comfort, and makes them a great choice for extended daily wear.